This Tuesday was my birthday, I turned 23!! I still cannot believe I am 23 years old and I know that in the big picture of life that is not old but I still feel old and it’s weird to say that I am 23. My birthday was very chill, most of them are and I really like that. I had lunch with mom and sister, then dinner with my boyfriend, and lastly I invited some of my cousins over when I cut my cake.
Even though I didn’t do much for my birthday, I still enjoyed the day with my family!! The day after my birthday my coworkers also had a nice surprise for me and decorated my desk super cute!! Anyway, I wanted to share the makeup look that I wore for my birthday so keep reading to see what I came up with. Enjoy!!
- To prime my face, I used the Too Faced Hangover Rx Primer and because my face had some redness, I used the green corrective concealer from my e.l.f. Cosmetics Corrective Concealer Palette.
- I mixed my MAC Studio Fix Fluid with a bit of the Too Faced Born This Way foundation and applied it with a flat foundation brush but blended the foundation with my e.l.f. Cosmetics blending sponge.
- For the concealer, I used the Born This Way Naturally Radiant Concealer by Too Faced. I applied it under my eyes, around my nose, and on the bridge of my nose.
- I then used my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to make sure the hard to reach areas were really blended, especially around my nose.
- The setting powder I used was the NYX Banana powder which is my go-to!!
- For my contour, I used the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil in Medium/Deep Matte. I applied it on the hollows of my cheeks, sides of nose and also on the temples. To add a bit of glow, I applied the Wet n’ Wild ColorIcon Bronzer in Ticket to Brazil slightly above where I had contoured the hollows of my cheeks, around my forehead, and around my jaw line.
- On the apples of my cheeks, I applied Galafornia by Benefit to give a summer glow. For my highlight, I used Mary-Lou Manizer by theBalm and applied that slightly above my cheek bones, on the bridge of my nose, temples, and on my cupid’s bow
- To prep my eyes I used the LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer; I’ve been using this primer for years now and I love it!!
- I applied Rise & Shine from the Classic Courage Palette by Tarte all over the eyes to give them an even color and to also help my eyeshadows blend better. I then applied Tan and Pecan from the LORAC Mega 3 PRO Palette on my crease. They are matte mauve pink colors, Pecan is darker than Tan.
- On my eyelids, I wanted to use shimmery colors and to give them an extra pop, I used the Shadow end from the e.l.f. Cosmetics Eyeliner & Shadow Stick in Brown/Basic. This gave my shimmer eyeshadow an amazing pop!! I used two eyeshadows from the LORAC Unzipped palette. On most of the eyelid I used the shadow Unreal, a light pink shimmer shade, and on the outer eyelid I used Unattainable, a light brown shimmer shade.
- I then used Unspoken, matte medium brown, and Uncensored, shimmery medium/dark brown, on the outer corner of the eye.
- I lined my eyes with the Liner side of the e.l.f. Cosmetics Eyeliner & Shadow Stick in Brown/Basic and smudged the liner. On the lower lash line, I also Hickory from the LORAC Mega 3 PRO Palette to help the liner stay on better.
- On my brow bone and inner tear duct, I used Cava from the Mega 3 PRO Palette to give my eyes some extra shine.
- For my brows, I used my absolute favorite, the Brow Wiz by Anastasia Beverly Hills. I then curled my lashes and did two coats of the Better Than Sex Mascara on the top lashes and one coat on the bottom.
- I prepped my lips with my Peppermint Chapstick before starting my makeup. I always take that off before applying my lipstick because usually I get a bit of foundation on my lips.
- The color I decided to go with was Sheer Madness by MAC from the Zac Posen Collection; I wanted to go with a low maintenance lip.
Here is my finished look!! I had a hard time getting a good picture of the makeup since I was using the front camera of my iPhone.
I also wanted to note that I did do part of my eyes before doing my face since I was working with shimmery shadows that can produce a bit of fallout.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and let me know in the comments below if you decide to try this look out!!
Also let me know in the comments below what you think of the Galafornia blush by Benefit. I personally think it’s a beautiful blush that smells great!!
You can also find me here: