I have always loved everything beauty related since I was much younger, my favorite presents included pretend makeup. I remember going to school with a purse full of that fake makeup and lots of lipgloss. At the age of 13 I started wearing real makeup and I was so excited that my mom had finally let me!! That was about 8 years ago and my passion for all things beauty has only grown. Throughout the years I have learned many tips and tricks when it comes to beauty. Some I have read from magazines or blogs, watched on YouTube, and others I discovered on my own.
Today I want to share with you my beauty tips and tricks. I would also like to add that I am not a professional but these are the tips that I have found that work for me and I hope that work for you too. Enjoy!!
1. Watch a show while painting your nails. If you are anything like me, then you get impatient while waiting on your nails to dry. I would always get super bored and, of course, my nails would then get ruined because I want to do other things. I started watching Netflix while I do my nails and it makes the waiting time go by super fast so my nails look better.
2. Mix together foundation and primer. I read this on another blog, which I can’t remember the name of, a while back. I decided to give it a try and it made my foundation look way better! This trick makes my makeup look smoother and it also last pretty much all day long.
3. Do you winged liner first. When I was still getting used to making a winged liner, I would put that on first before applying any other type of makeup. This way, if you mess up, you can clean it much easier and you are not messing up your other makeup.
4. Use baby shampoo to clean makeup brushes. A few years back, when I first started using makeup brushes, I would hear a lot about how important it is to clean them. I wasn’t sure what I could use to clean my brushes with so I googled it and came across a very helpful video. She used baby shampoo to clean her makeup brushes and I use that now too. It is very gentle on the brushes and it doesn’t smell to fragrant. I bought a big bottle of the store brand and it lasts a long time! You can see the video here!!
5. Comb your hair while it’s wet to avoid frizz. I have naturally curly hair and if I curl my hair when it’s dry, it would be crazy frizzy!! I always brush my hair right after I shower so that it won’t be tangled up. I think some people prefer not to burst their curly hair at all but if I don’t brush it, the only way to style it is in a messy bun.
6. Eyebrows are important. You have probably heard this by now, but eyebrows are super important because they shape your face. Every time I do my makeup, I make sure I fill in my brows. I wouldn’t do this at first because I didn’t think it mattered and fill them in wasn’t as popular as it is now. There are pictures that I look where I think that if I had just done my brows, my makeup would have looked so much better. Right now my favorite eyebrow pencil is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz and you can check out my review here!!
7. Take your makeup off every night!! This is a big must!! Taking off your makeup before you go to bed helps your skin refresh and breathe. If you find it tedious to take off your makeup before you go to bed, use makeup wipes. When I first started wearing makeup, my mom showed me how to take it off with creams but at 13, that was too much of a hassle for me so I would sleep with my makeup on. Ever since I started using makeup wipes, I take it off every night. There are times when I am already laying down and I am taking off my makeup.
8. Use lip balm before your main lip product. When I do my makeup, I always put the lip product on last. My lips can get dry so I started putting on lip balm before or right after putting on foundation. This way, when I am ready to put on my main lip product, my lips look moisturized. I usually take off the lip balm with a makeup remover wipe so that I can take of the dry skin.
9. Brush your hair from the bottom up. I learned this trick from one of Aspyn Ovard’s videos. Untangling your hair can really hurt but the pain is minimized if you start from the bottom and work your way up. I am not only pain free, but it also takes less time.
10. Have fun with beauty! One time my boyfriend told me how it must suck that I have to do my makeup. I told him that it doesn’t suck to me because I enjoy makeup. When I do my makeup, I relax and just have fun. It is super important to have fun with beauty because then there is no point. If I didn’t like makeup as much as I do, I wouldn’t spend so much time on. Also remember that if you love how your makeup or hair looks, then other people’s options about it don’t matter at all!
Those are my 10 beauty tips and tricks. I hope you find them helpful. Do you have a tip or trick you would like to share?